Offices at JHU

Office of Graduate Biomedical Education (OGBE)

OGBE serves the needs of graduate students throughout their education at Johns Hopkins SOM. This office works closely with the GSA.

Office of the Registrar

The Office of the Registrar is responsible for student scheduling, transcript preparation, medical licensure processing and certifications among a variety of other academic support services.

Office of Research Integrity

The Division of Research Integrity in the Office of Policy Coordination serves as the primary resource for School of Medicine faculty, staff, and students to educate, evaluate and interpret policies regarding research integrity and the responsible conduct of research.

Office of International Services (OIS)

OIS is dedicated to providing exceptional immigration services and international programing support to all international students at Johns Hopkins. Find information on how to handle student visas, how to handle taxes, and international events.

Resources at the School of Medicine

If you are in need of a notary public, one is available to you for reduced and sometimes free cost at the Registrar’s Office in the Miller Research Building. The notary public is available on Tuesdays and Fridays from 9am to 4:30pm.

The Higher Education Act requires institutions of higher education to provide students with voter registration materials. The SOM also provides information about  and has a limited number of forms available in the Registrar’s Office to register in Maryland.

The state of Maryland has a website providing information on student eligibility to vote and voter registration applications for download.

Out-of-state residents, please visit this website, and select your state of residence.

Major student activities coordinated through the Registrar’s Office includes the SOM graduation/convocation ceremony and student orientation. For information about commencement and convocation, visit the official website here. For graduation requirements please see your program’s specific requirements, as these vary program to program.


The MA/PhD committee has been working hard over the past year to solidify course work graduation requirements for the PhD programs at the SOM. Here are the current Procedures for the Award of the Doctor of Philosophy Degree current as of April 17, 2017.

The Hopkins Travel Page offers information and resources for travelers. There are also two places you should register your international travel: 

1. US STEP for enrollment with the government for safety alerts

2. The Hopkins International Travel Registry to assist school administrators in contacting and offering you assistance in the case of emergencies.

Important School of Medicine Links: