Mission Statement: Through advocacy, education and outreach, we foster a community in which all graduate students at the School of Medicine can pursue academic and professional excellence.
Vision Statement: As a leading advocate for inclusive excellence at the School of Medicine, we will advocate on behalf of all graduate students to ensure a diverse and equitable institution.
Areas of concern:
- Ensuring diversity in admissions and recruitment
- Promoting financial aid & funding policies that help offset socioeconomics status
- Disseminating resources to create culturally competent mentorship
- Recognizing the contributions of underrepresented minorities at SOM
- Rallying diverse student group leaders to co-host events
- Partnering with SOM Diversity Council to conduct town halls and awareness raising events to promote diversity and inclusion
Are you interested in joining the committee or have a question? Contact the committee co-chairs Adler Archer, J.D. (email@example.com) or Rachel Helms (firstname.lastname@example.org)